MANILA, Philippines — The Duterte government has adopted a 10-point policy agenda to hasten and sustain the country’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
President Rodrigo Duterte signed Executive Order No. 166 on March 21, a copy of which was issued to reporters on Wednesday.
“The State hereby adopts the Ten-Point Policy Agenda to sustain and accelerate economic recovery, and to drive broad-based expansions across various productive sectors, in the midst of challenges brought about by the continued persistence of COVID-19,” the order reads.
The 10-point policy agenda are the following:
- Strengthen healthcare capacity
- Accelerate and expand the vaccination program
- Further reopen the economy and expand public transport capacity
- Resume face-to-face learning
- Reduce restrictions on domestic travel and standardize local government unit (LGU) requirements
- Relax requirements for international travel
- Accelerate digital transformation through legislative measures
- Provide for enhanced and flexible emergency measures through legislation
- Shift the focus of decision-making and government reporting to more useful and empowering metrics
- Medium-term preparation for pandemic resilience
Leave A Comment